Friday, October 13, 2006

Finding a decent notebook...

...is apparently impossible? I just want a notebook with a dual-core x64 CPU (i.e. Turion X2 or Core 2 Duo), WSXGA(+) 14/15.4" screen, reasonable spec which includes some reasonable graphics card. I guess I must be in the minority..

So far I have only found about four matches:

Samsung X60 MWM
  • Core 2 Duo T7200 2 GHz, 1GB RAM, 100GB hard drive, 15.4" WSXGA+ screen, ATI Mobility Radeon x1600.
  • ~£1100
Samsung X60 HWM
  • Core 2 Duo T7400 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB hard drive, 15.4" WSXGA+ screen, ATI Mobility Radeon x1600.
  • ~£1430
Acer TravelMate 8215WLMi
  • Core 2 Duo T7200 2 GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB hard drive, 15.4" WSXGA+ screen, ATI Mobility Radeon x1600 .
  • ~£1550
Acer Ferrari 5005WLMi
  • Turion 64 X2 TL-60 2 GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB hard drive, 15.4" WSXGA+ screen, ATI Mobility Radeon x1600, HD DVD-ROM.
  • ~£1550
The Acer models seem overpriced compared to the (first) Samsung model, £1550 seems like too much. But that's not exactly the main problem. Did I mention that none of these models are actually in stock on any UK website?

If you have any suggestions for a good laptop model that roughly matches my requirements feel free to leave it as a comment below. Lookout for an update when I buy my new laptop!

5 comments:

google said...

I was wondering if you'd had a look at the Dell website (I know, but their laptops aren't so bad)

:)

Johnny K said...

i was going to say the same thing. i am typing now on my dell which is EXACTLY like you describe. with a sweet truelife screen and dvd burner. love this bad boy

Great Future said...

Unlimited Earnings Potential - http://1greatfuture.com

Our company is rapidly growing and offers you an extraordinary income helping others succeed. The primary requirement is to follow up on client inquiries and point them in the right direction. It is stress free, rewarding and straightforward work.

For complete details: http://1greatfuture.com


(Please feel free to delete this post if you don't want it on your blog. Thanks for the informative blog and opportunity to post.)

Anonymous said...

did you have a look on DELL?
they sell the cheapest laptop, if you dont mind they are a bit thinker heavier uglyer. for example,inspiron 6400, with duo2 core, 1GB ram, X1400 graphic, 15.4" LCD, cost far less than what you've listed. i got one, i bought it in Hong Kong cost me about 600 pounds.

Free Webmail Program said...

Webmail program for the major free email sites -
http://inovasphere.com/mmail.htm

My Mail 1.0 is configured to work with AOL, Gmail, Hotmail, Linuxmail, and Yahoo. With My Mail 1.0 you get the benefit of premium services without having to pay site fees. My Mail 1.0 completely automates the process of sending and receiving mail from the major sites, saving you time and trouble.

My Mail 1.0 eliminates the need to visit web sites to send and receive mail, which increases the speed of sending and receiving email by over 80%, even if they do not offer what is known as POP3, IMAP and SMTP. My Mail 1.0's look is also fully customizable. One you use it, you'll never want to go back to the web site again to get your mail.

For complete details: http://inovasphere.com/mmail.htm




(Please feel free to delete this post if you don't want it on your blog. Thanks for the informative blog and opportunity to post.)