Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Unsubscribing from e-mail newsletters

I thought I'd try my hand at this today and just found:
  • It slightly annoying when you are sent an e-mail confirming that you've unsubscribed (hello, I just told you I don't want your e-mails!)
  • Even worse, you're asked to log into an account that you never created in the first place. My best guess here is that I registered to some other site owned by the same company. Though their 'password reminder' e-mail still hasn't come through.....

1 comment:

Sam J said...

The notification e-mail is actually handy, as verification that you unsubscribed the correct e-mail address and it has taken place.

If unsubscribing requires logging in, I mark it as spam or create a filter to throw everything in the trash, depending on how much time I want to waste.