Friday, March 07, 2008

Amazon artwork grabber script

If you're like me and you like storing all your album art in a single folder I made a quick and dirty Windows Powershell script that automatically grabs artwork from Amazon for all tracks in your foobar2000 Media Library (using foo_comserver2). It works pretty well for me, I only got one wrong artwork that was due to tagging issues, but this will probably vary depending on what is in your media library.

You'll need to modify the script a bit for your own needs. You'll need to set $AWSAccessKeyId (you either find one from e.g. some other software or failing that register at Amazon yourself).

I would have made it a proper Powershell script but I was put off by the restrictions in place by default on executing those so you'll just have to copy and paste it to the prompt and press enter a couple times if needed.


Update: Script moved here.

No comments: